Learn to cook Arroz Caldo
Arroz Caldo Recipe was inspired by the Chinese congee and the name was given by the Spaniards because of pronunciation issues? “Arroz caldo” is a mixture of Filipino flavors with Chinese and Spanish influence.
It is best served during cold and rainy days most especially during breakfast. The soup is also good for the sick and for those who don’t have an appetite or having a hard time to eat.
Arroz Caldo Ingredients:
- 1 kilo chicken, skinned and deboned preferably thigh or breast parts (or both)
- 1 medium-sized onions, minced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 pcs chicken cubes or 6-8 cups of chicken stock
- 3 pcs of ginger, julienned
- 3 small-sized red onions, minced
- 1-2 cups rice
- fish sauce or rock salt and black pepper, to taste
- hard boiled eggs, shells removed (optional)
- calamansi (optional)
- cooking oil
Arroz Caldo cooking Instructions:
- Sauté onion, garlic and ginger in a large pot.
- Add chicken. Season it with fish sauce and pepper.
- When the outer layer is cooked or slightly turns to brown, add the chicken stock and rice. Bring to boil and simmer for a few minutes.
- Continue to cook the chicken until tender and rice becomes fluffy. Cover for about 20 minutes occasionally stirring it.
- Add seasoning according to your taste. You can add water if necessary and bring to boil. Optional: remove the ginger.
- Before serving, garnish it with red onions and black pepper. You can also add hardboiled egg, toasted garlic, chicharon and calamansi.
- Best served hot.
This delicious Chicken Arroz Caldo Recipe is made by www.PinoyRecipe.net