Learn to cook Chicken Sotanghon Soup
Chicken sotanghon soup Recipe is another variation of the famous and well-loved Filipino chicken noodle soup which usually uses egg noddles.
Sotanghon is also known as cellophane noodles or Chinese vermicelli which is made from mung bean starch. It is also called Glass noodles because of its colorless noodle. It is cooked with chicken broth together with carrots and cabbage. You might also want to add some other veggies to make it more nutritious.
Chicken Sotanghon Soup Ingredients:
- 1/4 kilo Sotanghon noodles
- 1 cup Chicken meat
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 pieces tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon Canola oil
- 4 pcs cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small sized onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce/Patis
- 4 pcs dried Black mushrooms (optional)
- 4 stalks of scallions, chopped
Chicken Sotanghon Soup cooking Instructions:
- Soak the dried black mushrooms for about 15 minutes in a small bowl.
- Remove the mushrooms from the water, drain and squeeze out excess the water.
- Cut the mushrooms stems and discard, slice mushroom caps into fourths.
- Heat Canola oil in a frying pot.
- In a medium heat, saute onions and garlic for 3 minutes then add tomatoes, and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, chicken meat and fish sauce. Cover the frying pot and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, cover it again and wait until it boils.
- When it boils, add-in the Sotanghon noodles into the chicken soup and simmer until the sotanghon noodles are tender and cooked.
- Garnish the soup with chopped scallions.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and fried chicken.
This delicious Chicken Sotanghon Soup Recipe is made by www.PinoyRecipe.net