Learn to cook Ginataang Manok
The Filipino style is a variation of the local ginataang manok where the chicken is cooked in coconut milk. The only difference is, in cooking chicken curry we have added the curry powder plus the vegetable and other spices to make it flavorful.
In most places the terms “chicken curry” and “curry chicken” are interchangeable. However, in some countries there is a considered difference between the two terms, even though both dishes include curry and chicken. While different version renders its distinct taste and presentation, the underlying flavors of chicken curry are pretty much the same: very spicy, rich, aromatic and highly addictive.
Ginataang Manok Ingredients:
- 1 kilo chicken
- 2 medium sized potatoes, chopped
- 1 big carrot, sliced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 stalks celery, cut into 2 inches length
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 thumb ginger, cut into strips
- 1 cup water
Ginataang Manok Cooking Instructions:
- Cut the chicken into pieces. Leave the chicken bone-in. If you prefer boneless chicken meat, then de-bone the chicken.
- Heat up a deep pot and add the oil.
- Fry the potato and carrots for 2 minutes and set aside
- Sauté Chicken together with garlic, onion and ginger.
- When garlic is light brown in color add fish sauce, and curry powder
- Stir well then add water then cover the pot and lower the heat to medium and simmer until the chicken is tender.
- Once the chicken is cooked add the red bell pepper, celery, carrot and potato then simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the coconut milk and mix well. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.
This delicious Ginataang Manok Recipe is cooked by www.PinoyRecipe.net