Learn to how to cook Igado
This popular Ilocano dish called Igado Recipe is made from strips of kidney, heart, meat, liver and intestines cooked with onion, bay leaf, garlic, capsicum (bell pepper), sugar, salt, vinegar, green peas, potato, carrot, and soy sauce.
Igado is one of my favorite Ilocano food. My cousins serves this every time we visit La Union.
- 1/2 kilo pork tenderloin, cut into strips
- 1/2 kilo Pork liver, cut into strips
- 1 cups green peas
- 1 medium-sized carrot, cut into strips
- 5 pcs garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 5 pieces dried bay leaves
- 7 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Igado Cooking Instructions:
- In a large frying pan, sauté the garlic and onions.
- Add the pork tenderloin and fry it until the color of the pork turns light brown.
- Add the soy sauce and water then simmer until the pork is tender.
- Add dried bay leaves, salt, and pepper and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the pork liver and vinegar then simmer for another 8 minutes.
- Add the carrots and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the green peas and red bell pepper and simmer for 3 minutes to thicken the remaining sauce.
- Serve with a Iced cold Beer or steamed rice.
This this delicious Igado Recipe made by www.PinoyRecipe.net