Learn to cook Lumpia Shanghai
Lumpia shanghai are a popular mainstay in Filipino food gatherings and special occasions. In fun bite sizes and served with sweet and sour sauce, they’re the perfect appetizer!
Filipinos love lumpia shanghai, it is wrapped with spring rolls wrapper and finishes it in the form of a mini log. It is deep fried until wrappers turns golden brown. It completed with a sweet and sour dipping sauce.
Lumpia Shanghai Ingredients:
- 1 kilo ground pork
- ½ cup green onions
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup onion
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 50 pieces Spring roll wrapper
- 5 cups Canola cooking oil
Lumpia Shanghai cooking Instructions:
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients with the pork starting with the onion, carrots, green onions, salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, and 1 piece raw egg. Mix well.
- Wrap the about 1 to 1 1½ tablespoons of the mixture in a lumpia wrapper. Do this until all the mixture are consumed.
- Heat the cooking oil in a deep fryer. Deep fry the lumpia for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the deep fryer and let the excess oil drip.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with sweet and sour sauce .
- Best served hot with dipping sauce.