Learn to how to make Kinilaw na Lukon
A super easy to prepare Filipino appetizer, “kinilaw na lukon” is an exotic delicacy in which the main ingredient is raw shrimp marinated in vinegar, pepper, chili, chopped onions, and coconut milk then served fresh without cooking.
Kinilaw na Lukon Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coco vinegar
- 1/2 kilo medium sized shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 medium size onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced ginger
- 1 large tomato, seeded and sliced
- 2 pieces green mango, grated
- 2 medium sized cucumbers, sliced into small cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onion
- salt and pepper
- 3 pcs siling haba or birds eye chili pepper, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup Kakang Gata (coconut milk) (optional)
Kinilaw na Lukon Instructions:
- In a bowl, add your shrimp, add salt and brown sugar in vinegar, and then mix well.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour until it absorbs the suka (vinegar), this process will cook the shrimp.
- In the meantime, prepare all the vegetables and mangoes in your serving dish then mix well.
- Once the lukon or shrimp is ready, strain the excess vinegar and toss the lukon or shrimp to the vegetables, mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Add the vinegar and coconut milk, mix well.
- Top with spring onion before serving.
This delicious Kinilaw na Lukon Recipe is made by www.PinoyRecipe.net