Learn to cook Sinigang na Hipon
Sinigang is a Philippine dish famous for the variety of ingredients.
Sinigang often incorporates fish, pork, chicken, shrimp, or beef. This time we’ll use Shrimp for our recipe. The sour taste of sinigang is attributed to its key ingredient which is tamarind or sampalok.
Sinigang na Hipon Ingredients:
- 1 Kilo Shrimp
- 12 pcs Tamarind (Sampaloc) or 1 pack Sinigang Mix
- 1 big Onion (diced)
- 3 big tomatoes (quartered)
- 2 pieces Radish (sliced)
- 1 bundle Sitaw (Strringbeans)
- 1 bundle Kangkong (cut into 2″ long)
- 3 pieces long green pepper
- 5 cups ricewash or water
- Salt or Patis (fish sauce)
Sinigang na Hipon Cooking Instructions:
- Boil Tamarind in rice wash or water to soften.
- Pound and extract all juices and set aside.
- In a casserole, boil rice wash or water, Tamarind juice, onions, tomatoes and Radish.
- Lower fire, add in Shrimps, Kangkong, Sitaw and green long pepper.
- simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt or patis.
- Serve hot.
This delicious Sinigang na Hipon Recipe is made by www.PinoyRecipe.net